Sunday, January 20, 2013

Blogging in the air



Somewhere over Little Rock. That’s where we are according to the air tracker GPS function that lets you see where your plane is. At the moment, we’re flying over a very large river. The Mississippi.  Anything that looks that big from the air has got to be huge at eye-level. Of course, I know that because I’ve been across the Mississippi by car and by train.

I’m on my way to Florida. St. Petersburg. Pinellas Park. I have been summoned as my mother is having knee surgery this week and will need some help getting around in the days after the procedure. Thank you, Mr. Clinton for FMLA which is making it financially possible for me to do this.

I don’t actually want to be on this trip, but it’s the kind of thing that adult daughters do. Adult sons…not so much.

I’m pleased that I can access the air tracker without having to actually pay for the WiFi. Thank you, airline.

[May takes a break from trying to write, forks over the $5 fee, and does some other things online...]

 Oh, I'm back. We're somewhere over the Florida panhandle. 

I should have had a drink on this flight to get myself ready for this trip. I have Xanax, but it just makes me sleep.

I plan to blog during my trip so that sanity prevails. Stay tuned.

No comments: