Saturday, July 28, 2012

Vacation

Yes, it's that time of year when I would normally be posting pictures of the Sonoran Desert or some other place I like to go. But I'm not there. That's right, I really did go with the staycation. For all of my whining, in the end, I really didn't have the energy to go anywhere out of town. It seemed somehow more prudent to gather my thoughts and restore my energy by staying in town.

That being said, this is a lonely, lonely stretch. I'm essentially alone all day, every day. I mean, I go out and I interact, but business transactions don't count. I posted a notice on Facebook inviting local people to let me know if they were up for a lunch or dinner out, or just wanted to get together and do something fun. Cue sound of crickets chirping on a dark summer night.

True to my word and original plan, I have been going to the gym. Of course, before I could start going to the gym, I felt compelled to go out and buy all new workout clothes. Nice ones. Every vacation should start with a wardrobe tune-up specific to the activities planned. It was actually quite a process that left me with these questions:

  • Who works out in low cut stretchy pants? Wouldn't your butt crack show every time you reached up or bent over? These pants are ubiquitous, so somebody must find them appropriate.
  • Is there anything more useless in this world than the shelf bra in a workout top? 
  • Does anyone actually pay $65 for a little synthetic fiber workout top? I like to keep it under $12.
  • Thong workout underwear? Seriously?

No comments: