Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sad, but undisputable

Nobody would miss me if I were to die. Frank's life would be impacted by financial hardship, so I know he would miss my earnings. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure Frank's day-to-day routine would be unaffected by my absence.

I've been taking inventory lately. I have never felt so irrelevant, so disconnected, or so ignored. I think it was Elie Wiesel who said, "The opposite of love is not hate; it is indifference."

I believe that no one loves me, but I am also certain that no one hates me. They just don't care.

This is not a complaint; it is simply reality.

2 comments:

Ethereal Highway said...

I would miss you. I come here several times a day just to check for any news at all about your life. That said, I know it's different because you don't know me in real life and I can't call you up and see if you want to go to lunch or something. I know how it is, May. I don't have ANY real life friends.

Laurel said...

I think I picked a bad day to check in on your blog. I'm unfortunately too blue myself to think up anything to perk you up or change your mind. I'm taking the Scarlett approach: after all, tomorrow is another day.