Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Well, I think it's brilliant.

Baz Luhrmann, who directed one of my favorite movies, Moulin Rouge, is working on a new adaptation of The Great Gatsby. I love that combination on principle, but then I came across one of those YouTube projects that just screams, "this person has too much time on her hands." And I like that, too.

First, watch the trailer for the new Gatsby film. Here's the link.

Listen carefully to the audio and pay attention to the editing. Once you've taken that in, enjoy this version of the trailer. It's along the lines of watching The Wizard of Oz with the sound turned off and Dark Side of the Moon playing on the stereo.


I posted this on Facebook, but nobody responded with anything more than a collective, "meh." Too bad. I think it's brilliant.

No comments: