Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Things I learned this week

Helpful to remember if you are landscaping or wrangling with a pine tree in any way: Pine sap on your clothes or hands is not a reason for despair. Soak a cotton ball or gauze pad with regular isopropyl alcohol. Dab and wipe at the sap, rewetting the cotton as needed. In just a few minutes (very few), you won't even know where the spot was.

I freaked when I saw pine sap blobs on my favorite, scarlet red fleece top. I tried the alcohol trick and it worked. It's like magic!

I also learned that if you use vaginal valium and take baclofen, you probably should skip the chardonnay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm hallucinating. Did you use the term "vaginal valium"? I'm thinking of some really filthy jokes right now, which may be unkind but I'm fairly sure you'll forgive me.

May Voirrey said...

I believe when I first heard the term in the same sentence as "prescribe for you," my first words were, "say what?"

Vaginal valium suppositories must be custom made at a compounding pharmacy. It's used in conjunction with lidocaine gel. I kid you not. The doc did let me know that if I were to have sex, my husband might have touble maintaining an erection. Valium is a muscle relaxer after all, and lidocaine, well, it's numbing.

Vaginal valium for men is far more open to smutty thoughts--it's administered anally.