Thursday, December 20, 2007

Where is my brain?

I've been sitting here waiting to write something, but I can't get my thoughts to flow in any particular order. This has been going on all day. I took a break from staring at the screen (OK, I was also watching Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert) and finished making a bracelet I started a couple of months ago but put down in frustration. It finally came together.

Instead of pouring out my brain today, I'll just have to be content with my bracelet.

2 comments:

Spilling Ink said...

May, the bracelet turned out gorgeous! I'm thinking of trying my hand at making my own picture frames.

May Voirrey said...

Thanks!
Picture frames..That sounds very satisfying. I had this idea to make beautiful, unusual frames for cork bulletin boards--you know, so they wouldn't look so utilitarian. Saw something like what I had in mind online for hundreds of dollars, although I know they're not expensive to make. You just need creativity and basic craft and carpentry skills. Hmmm...Could be my next business venture. I find that making things gives me a very concrete sort of calm, probably because I can focus and calm my brain while still having something real to show for the effort. You know?