OK, here's the thing. I knew the haircut wasn't what I wanted, and I knew it was barely a change, but I didn't know to what degree. Every time I look in the mirror, I just get resentful and pissed off. Really pissed off. $40 gone, pissed away, poorly spent.
Why don't hair stylists listen to me? I think I speak clearly and articulately. I bring pictures, for god sake. What the fuck?
I got my hair cut on Tuesday. Since then, I have heard this countless times:
- "May, I thought you were going to get your hair cut."
- "May, why didn't you get your hair cut?"
- "May, did you decide not to cut your hair after all?"
- "May I like your new hair color. Are you waiting to cut it?"
- "What day is your hair appointment?"
I'm not going back to get it fixed. Why would I want to sit under the scissors of a stylist who has just been told her work is unacceptable? I think that puts me in a vulnerable position.
On Wednesday, I emailed the David Cassidy picture to a coworker. When she actually saw me, she burst out laughing and said, "Oh...my...God..May. You look like the picture but more flippy. I am so sorry."
This incident has done absolutely nothing to restore my faith in hairstylists.
May is furious and embarrassed.