Monday, September 22, 2008

Calgon, take me away

The Brainucopia is temporarily empty of intelligent thoughts. It is, however, full of to-do lists, domestic chores, errands, appointments, meetings, spreadsheets, and names it can't seem to pronounce, let alone remember...Goma Chapangai, Tuka Dharuali, Ka Paw Htoo, Nay Chi Nway, Abeba Gebrehiwet, Nan Kyu Kyu Mar...the list goes on. I have to get this right. It's my job.

This entire weekend was what my husband calls "All refugees all the time." From the time I got up on Saturday until the time I went to bed last night, I was working on refugee matters. I probably put 150 miles or more on my car over the weekend, and all of it was from doing home visits--along with some resource gathering.

Crap, I'm tired.

Watched the Emmy Awards and realized that I had no idea what most of the winning shows are all about. Except for 30 Rock, which I think is hilarious. Tina Fey is one of my favorite people. Loved the Josh Groban TV show theme songs bit.

Apparently, I can get by quite well on four or five hours of sleep a night, as long as I sleep straight through. It probably isn't healthy, but I'll take what I can get.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you can take a pause to take a deep breath...you're doing a great job!