Sunday, September 28, 2008

May revealed for the fat pig she is

I never was exaggerating.

This picture was taken on Thursday when I was out doing a work-related presentation. I like this outfit a lot, at least, on the hanger. When I left the house on Thursday morning, I felt pretty good about how I looked. Now I know I was clearly delusional.

Would someone please, please just kill me so I can be put out of my misery? I thought about wandering off into the countryside with the intention of pushing on until I dropped dead of exhaustion, but I would probably just stumble deliriously into a grazing herd where I would fit in so convincingly, I would be taken off to a slaughterhouse. It's not the slaughterhouse I object to, but being poked in the ass with an electric cattle prod would really piss me off. I probably have it coming.

7 comments:

Spilling Ink said...

Have you been looking around at other people, May? I don't mean the plastic people at the spa by the mall, I mean the real people. I am not usually an advocate for comparing one's self to others, but sorry, you're just not THAT fat. It's a bad angle anyway. And I think the outfit is really pretty. And even if you were heavier, some extra pounds cannot make you a pig. May, you're not hideous, you just FEEL hideous. Small comfort, I know, but still... I don't care what you say, I still like you and don't think you're ugly, or a fat pig, or any other insulting thing. I happen to think you are a rather fabulous person.

May Voirrey said...

Thank you, Lynn.

(The view from the front is much worse.)

Spilling Ink said...

How can that be when your face is in front? And don't go telling any fibs now, May. I saw your face in a pic once, remember?
:-)

May Voirrey said...

Actually...You didn't. Someday I'll tell the story about that picture, but not right now.

Spilling Ink said...

Okay. But I am quite sure I could not think of you as a fat pig. You are a lovely person, May. I don't need to see a picture to know that.
{{{{May}}}}

Anonymous said...

The outfit is pretty, the angle isn't flattering and you are much more than the sum of your parts. No one would ever look at you and think "wow, she's hideous" or any of the other terrible things you tell yourself. Mostly they'd think "what a great smile". Ask my husband.

Anonymous said...

May,
Could you write something a little more relevant or clever? You just want people to give you false praise. You are fat.Face it and forgive yourself. Live with yourself and stop making excuses or do something about you.Don't blame society because people think you look bad and don't blame your fork because you are fat. Do something about it. Or, choose to ignore reality and continue to beg for approval from strangers.