Friday, September 4, 2009

what to do

I've been trying to cut my daily 1200-1500 calorie load down to 900. It's easier said than done. I probably went over the 1500 today because I'm made of weak stuff. I had
about 1.5 cups of whole-wheat shredded wheat with soy milk,
coffee,
an apple,
a Weight Watcher's macaroni and cheese entree (270 calories, 2 grams of fat),
a nectarine,
15 wheat thins,
a 100-calorie skinny bread,
a slice of cheddar cheese (possibly reduced fat),
a small glass of white wine, and
a square of Ghiradelli chocolate

Not so long ago, I used to spend three hours a day working out at the gym, in addition to riding my bike to work. Now I have to nap after watering the patio plants and the garden. Oh, how I wish I were joking about that.

I heard that some insurance companies are going to start charging a fat tax. If you're overweight, obese, if you smoke, you'll pay higher insurance premiums. I'll have no problem with that if Great West Now A Part of Cigna uses that money to provide me with a visiting personal trainer at least twice a week, and the services of a Skype-based nutritionist. Otherwise, they'll just piss me off for lumping me in with the people who eat 3,000 calories of fried, sugar-laden crap all day long. I'm not one of those people.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I understand about having to take a nap after doing anything. I've had a thyroid problem that has never been totally remedied even after 7 years.I am good for about 20-30 minutes now until I have to sit down...If I don't I will feel ill. Funny thing when my job came to a dead stop, I slept in and & after getting at least 8 hours per night for awhile I lost 9 pounds without doing anything. Before this I could diet & exercise for two weeks & no weight would come off. I don't eat much like you either. I would love to lose 12 more pounds.

May Voirrey said...

And I'm an enigma. Thyroid tested OK, blood sugar = no pre-diabetes, no insulin resistance.

Sleeeeep. I think a month or so of adequate, high-quality sleep would calm the adrenals and count for a loss of at least a few pounds.