Sunday, January 31, 2010

random brain activity

  • My husband and I saw a Bugatti Veyron 16.4 leaving Chipotle today. We were so stunned we couldn't speak for a second. Then I laughed. I guess even the filthy rich like a good burrito. Or, maybe that's all they can afford after spending nearly $2 million for a car.

  • Remember when the Grammy Awards honored many types of music? I think this just means I'm out of the demographic that has been targeted for this show.

  • I liked Pink's performance. She's from my home town, but that has nothing to do with why I liked the performance.

  • For the past few years, I thought bipolar disorder was going to get the best of me. Well, actually, it already has. Pelvic pain syndrome is getting whatever worthwhile parts were left.

  • Quentin Tarantino has put on a lot of weight.

  • My new ISP changes my IP address every time I log on. I didn't realize that meant it was also changing my supposed location. Tonight it looks like I'm just outside of Goodland, Kansas. Hmm. Having been there for real, I think I like my actual mystery location better. With this arrangement, I could "end up" in Mogollon eventually.

  • Imagine the worst menstrual cramps you ever had. Now imagine having that every day. I may take up shooting heroin.

  • The Grammy performance of Drake, L'il Wayne, Eminem, and Travis Barker was obnoxious. If you need to use so much profanity that 75% of your performance is silenced via audio dropout, whatever effect you were going for was probably lost on the TV viewers.

  • I'm really beginning to despise Facebook. I have 56 friends and no more than two of them are my friends at all. It's just another facet of how I am chronically lonely, participating on the surface but drowning just a little deeper.

  • I don't want to go to work tomorrow.

  • Yikes, has it been 10 years since Carlos Santana's Supernatural came out?

  • Album of the year...gonna be tough...gonna be...Taylor Swift. Ehhh, everyone else got robbed. Shoulda been Lady Gaga or Beyonce.

  • I wish my brain would stop doing this. I didn't go to bed until 3:30 last night and I didn't fall asleep until after 4:00 a.m.

  • Everything is a tradeoff. Be alert, be wired, but don't be comatose or cognitively dulled. Have a lot of emotiions or have none. Or only sad ones.

  • Why doesn't the rest of the world have to slog through this shit every day?

No comments: