Friday, January 1, 2010

Trying again in 2010

New Year's resolutions. I accomplished ZERO of my 2009 list. Cut it in half for 2010, renamed it "goals," and am hoping for a more successful outcome of self-improvement.

1. Try not to be so sad.

2. Talk less. A lot less. STFU, May.

3. Be more compassionate and tolerant.

4. Lower my expectations about others and try not to lose hope that others will, mercifully, finally, lower theirs about me.

5. Maintain my car.

6. Work on making my home a more hospitable space for Frank.

7. Be more mindful to stand up straight more often.

8. Work harder and do more in every context you lazy piece of crap. I am capable of more but I excel at wasting my potential. The parents were right all along.

9. Burden Frank less.

10. Remember that nobody cares about my health issues, so deal with them privately and quietly. STFU, May, STFU.

1 comment:

Ethereal Highway said...

I care about your health. I like you. You're a good person, May. And you don't have to STFU.