Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Can they give me a better personality, too?

ABC is showing a segment on brain surgery that is intended help obese people lose weight. An implant stops the brain from thinking it's hungry. I want this surgery. It is the only way I'll ever get to my goal of 104. No matter what I eat--or don't--I am always hungry. My stomach growls and gurgles. I feel nauseated. Obviously, my brain and my stomach have communication issues, and that's exactly what this surgery is supposed to address.

Sign me up.

I have lost a tiny bit of weight (26 pounds), but at my size, that's like cutting of one hair and saying you got a haircut. I still have to lose something like 15-20 pounds just to go from my current BMI of "obese" to a rating of "significantly overweight." I need to lose 40 pounds from here to get to a rating of "normal," but that's still 70 far, far away pounds from my goal.

No, I don't want a stomach re-route; I want to address this at the source--my brain. For some reason, it still desperately keeps wanting food, even after I've hit my 1200calories for the day. Don't get me wrong--I don't necessarily eat just because I experience hunger; it's that the hunger is so uncomfortable I want to that have surgically removed.
It's the amygdala that causes all of the trouble. Of course.

No comments: