Saturday, December 20, 2008

I wasn't making it up

Back in July, I wrote a brief post about how, when driving to work one day, I saw the Google camera car. This is the vehicle that takes all of the pictures for the Street View function on Google maps. By the way, as of last week, all of the images for that have been greatly improved with higher resolution. Your house looks really clear now.

When I told the story at work, people were skeptical. Until yesterday. I decided to see if the reglar street view images had been updated lately, and they had. I looked up that intersection from last July, and there it was. Me, I mean. There I was. Here I am:


(If you click on the photo, you can see the blurry shape of my head and my hand on the wheel. Maybe the blur to my left is me waving.)

2 comments:

Ethereal Highway said...

Woo hoo! Yay you! So cool to have the proof to take to work.
:-)

May Voirrey said...

I love validation. Hehehe. At work, rather than just show the screen shot like I did here, I made eveyone go to Google maps, enter the address for the intersection, and see it for themselves. Bwahahaha!

They had to admit it's a little cool.