Monday, December 29, 2008

Making a list, throwing it out

The New Year is just a couple of days off, and I thought I would sit down and make a list of things to accomplish in the New Year. Here is what I would like to do:
  1. Lose 70 pounds
  2. Be a better housekeeper
  3. Don't buy anything unless it's a critical situation
  4. Learn to be sweet.
  5. Exercise every goddam day
  6. Read a book.
  7. Cook more often than not.
  8. Wean off of medication, accept my reality, and learn to live with what I am, the way I was made.
  9. Boldly quit work without having a backup plan
  10. Free myself if I want to. Enough of feeling obligated to stay for the benefit of others. Note to self: Edit this one to give myself permission to give myself permission.
Since I know what I am and am not capable of, maybe I'll skip making a list, after all. Why set myself up for failure? Number eight looks very attractive, though. Might give that a try.

No comments: