Sunday, August 2, 2009

12:40 wide awake

Dinner was too late and too weird. I tried to eat something that wasn't too damaging, but lately, food and my stomach are not on civil terms. This has to be medication related because I've never had indigestion like this.

I can't go to bed. Not only am I wide awake, but at this moment, I must stay in a vertical position.

I've been trying to think of ways to entertain myself, so I came up with personal associations based on flipping channels.
  1. Gum. I do not chew gum, ever. (Since about 1990)
  2. Extra! I got to chat with Jerry Penacoli many times when I was an intern at KYW in Philadelphia and he was an anchor.
  3. Chelsea Lately. No association--I just can't stand her.
  4. More to Love. I used to be friends with Emme's now-ex-husband. Well, Emme, too, but she was just starting her modeling career and going to massage school in case modeling didn't work out.
  5. Tenacious D. Oh, Ben Stiller. He has bipolar disorder, too.
  6. Tiffany-style lighting. I used to work in a lamp store. Horrid place, but I was really good at selling lighting.
  7. Honora Collection. Love it, but it's much less expensive at TJ Maxx or on Overstock.com.
  8. MTV. I almost worked there. Four interviews later, I didn't get hired because of a hiring freeze at Viacom.
  9. Tempurpedic. I have a Tempurpedic pillow, but the physical therapist told me to stop using it.
  10. Say Anything. Made me fall in love with John Cusack. I love this movie. It's probably listed as a favorite in my profile (I'm not going to check). Best use of a boom box in a scene that has been saluted and parodied widely ever since (even the mop in the Swiffer Wet commercial...)
  11. Lost. They're on the beach. I was lost on the beach when I was four years old. Gone for hours and picked up by beach patrol when the beach emptied at the end of the day. I think I walked a good portion of the length of LBI. How is it that nobody who survived the plane crash ever lost any weight?? Hurley? Hello?
  12. Knife Show. (What kind of paid programming is this? And is it necessary to have a Southern twang in order to sell weaponry?) I accidentally stabbed myself in the palm of my hand in 1998. I didn't have insurance, so I didn't go to te ER. I have permanent nerve and tendon damage as a result. It's not bad, though.
  13. Nancy Grace. Saturday Night Live definitely got it right.

OK, time for Maalox and meds. Tomorrow we set about trying to stick sharp needles into a very large, easily pissed-off cat. A good night's sleep is in order.

No comments: