Friday, April 4, 2008

Hangin' in the Big Apple

Still here. That's all I can say. I'm still here.

I walked 21 blocks from my hotel to Walgreens today so I could get the rest of the Valtrex that my insurance wouldn't pay for on Sunday. Ha! They still won't pay for it, and I had to pay $93 for 12 pills. This seems wrong to me, very wrong.

I could have taken a cab, but I was so upset and brimming with tears when I left Walgreens, that I walked the 21 blocks back to my hotel. (I took the picture on the right with my cell phone while I was making my way back to the hotel.) OK, it was the short side of those blocks, but that's still a 20-minute+ walk, and I walk fast. This would be exactly the kind of thing I am not supposed to be doing. May is a stubborn, self-destructive idiot.

I want to go home.

3 comments:

Spilling Ink said...

May is just tired and very sick from the virus. You are brave, girlie! I would not have had the balls to travel like that, but you hung in there and didn't miss it. I think you are made of some very tough stuff. It will be good to go home, though. There's no place like home when you don't feel good, is there?

{{{{{{{{May}}}}}}}}

Spilling Ink said...

And I'm sure it added insult to injury to pay $93 for 12 pills. That's outrageous. Medications are highway robbery anymore. No wonder you felt so upset. It's bad enough to be far from home and sick. I'm sure you could have lived without being penalized for it.

May Voirrey said...

I've been calling it my NY souvenier. And I am too lazy to spell-check that word.