Thursday, April 10, 2008

Promises, promises

(microcopic photo, varicalla zoster virus--The Revenge of My Chidldhood)
I promise this blog will get more interesting once the shingles outbreak is out of my life. It's front and center right now (well, back and center, actually), so it is overriding whatever interesting thoughts would normally bubble up in my brain.

That being said, today's evaluation is...I feel like someone is stabbing me in the back while simultaneously breaking my ribs.

I need to get dramatically better within the next five days or else my trip to Florida is going to be hell. It will probably be hell, anyway, but I need health on my side so I can survive this task of being my mother's post-op nurse for 4 1/2 days. She wears me down under the best of circumstances.

Favorite Mom quote from fall, 2006, when I was severely depressed: "You're taking all these medications but you're more screwed up than ever! Are you trying to get better?"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Message to your mom:
"Let's see mom: I have pain in my head, I have pain in my heart, I have pain in my chest, I have pain in my stomach, I have pain in my back - I don't need any pain
in the ass............."

Apologies in advance to a mother I've never met.
JL

May Voirrey said...

And yet, you nailed it!!