Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sigh

Today the physical therapist asked me what part of my body I liked. I told her there isn't one--I loathe everything about my body. She asked what part I hate. I told her I hate my thighs and hips. She said, "Not your abdomen?"

I thought about that for a second and said, "No. I hate my vagina, but now I realize I may have been blaming it for things that weren't its fault. My body is a lot like a dysfunctional family."

Today's therapy wasn't too bad, but now my ass hurts on the sit bones.

My pain is always delayed.

2 comments:

Spilling Ink said...

I like your brain. It's incredibly smart and a really captivating read.

:-)

I like your face, too. Remember the pic aboard the plane? You are very pretty, May.

And the way you write about the people you help through your job? I would say your heart is pretty darn good, too. I like a lot of stuff about you.

May Voirrey said...

The physical therapist told me my beauty comes from the inside. Then she paused for a second and continued..."I mean, I don't mean that in the broad, platitude sense. I mean, the way you think is beautiful."

She just doesn't know me well...yet