Sunday, July 6, 2008

Firecrackers

Someone in my neighborhood is caught in a loop. He lights firecrackers--one at a time--all day long. this started about ten days before July 4. It has gone on almost continuously ever since. Sometimes there's a whole string being lit.

They start at about 10:00 in the morning and go far into the wee hours of he morning. Maybe theyll blow off a hand and be unable to light their firecrackers in the future. Here's hoping. It would certainly teach them a lesson. My husband said that's harsh. Just a finger will do.

I just don't understand what could be entertaining about lighting firecrackers and bigger things that go "boom" all day long. If these guys are really that turned on my blowing shit up, I believe they should join the military and go to Iraq so they can explode ordnance on a regular basis. This way, some person who desperately wants to come home can have a reprieve, my neighborhood will be a lot quieter, and the guys who find entertainment in explosions and the sound of shots can do something useful in the course of their day.

No comments: