Saturday, June 13, 2009

Things I used to do that I don’t do now
read books
take road trips
ski
snowshoe
hike
bike (a lot)
mountain bike
go to the symphony regularly
buy new music
walk
run in the park
workout daily, religiously...
spending two or more hours per day at the gym
Pilates (Reformer)
sew
participate in online communities
cook
bake
study & collect wine
attend festivals
djembe (lessons)
harmonica (lessons)
go to the movies
watch movies at home (DVD)
socialize
pray

Still do, but barely
photography
make jewelry
leave my house (except for work)
housework of any kind
car care (washing, maintenance)
gardening

How I spend my time
work
watching TV
Internet

Things that have changed:
energy
strength and stamina
balance
interest and enthusiasm
mood
ability to organize
ability to plan
Atheisim
finances
attention span

2 comments:

Laurel said...

It's my night to catch up on old posts now, do you see these responses after the fact?
How about a subscription to Netflix? If you want recommendations I happen to have a connection with a certain film critic.
Books? I'm shocked and heartbroken that you're not reading anymore. You need a book club. Is there a local bookstore with one? Or how about this one: http://www.shelfari.com/
I'll do it if you will.

May Voirrey said...

It's not that I don't want to read--I can't. I can't concentrate to make it through more than a few pages at a time. Last year I bought shorter and shorter books, and I still couldn't get through them.

Also, two of my medications cause blurred vision. I really can't see.

I tried books on tape/CD, but my mind wandered anyway. It may be hopeless.

No one is more heartbroken about this than I am.

Worth noting: I haven't stopped buying books...