Sunday, June 7, 2009

what a difference a day makes

Saturday: sunny, warm, breezy. A good day to get in some gardening and to take some pictures of things growing out back.
Sunday: started off gray, and eventually, became violently windy. Half an hour before the tornado sirens sounded, we were pounded by hail. It went on for a good 20 minutes. We kept our fingers crossed that the roof was OK, that our cars would be OK, and that no crashing thunderstorm would follow.

The house and cars were OK, but the trees and garden were not so fortunate. I have a massive, massive hosta plant I've been nurturing for about eight years. I love it and it loves me back.

The hosta didn't do too well today and that has left me quite sad. Here are two pictures taken 24 hours apart, Saturday and Sunday. Same plant photographed from the same spot. Same leaves--note the fence to the left in each photo. Booooo-hoooooo.


No comments: