Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Boredom buster

Sometimes when I'm bored, I like to click on the "Next blog" button at the top of the page. I get really annoyed by people who remove this feature from their Blogger setup. Really annoyed. The workaround is to just go back two pages and start over from there.

Here is what I have learned from this activity. There are a lot--and I mean a lot--of people blogging about their supposedly adorable and more-interesting-than-any-other children. Yawn. Save it for grandma. Your kids aren't all that.

The second top topic that comes up in the algorithm for me is Jesus, God, Lord and Savior. I find this exceptionally ironic. Not only am I childless by choice, but I'm an avowed atheist. I simply have no interest in anything related to The Lord. Religion is all about social control and money. Why Blogger thinks these are the blogs I want to see just escapes me.

Jesus people do like to write about their Jesus-lovingness an awful lot, though. Even more than the people who write copious posts about their not-that-interesting toddlers.

No comments: