Sunday, August 5, 2012

So, that's weird

The other day after working out, I glanced down at my upper left arm and noticed a cluster of dusky spots under my skin. It gave this little patch of skin a bit of a mottled effect. I rubbed it, and observed there was no texture difference and no pain.

Now, three days later, the spots are darker and slightly raised. They have a texture similar to smooth, flat scabs. The shapes are more defined and more brownish-red than the original purple. There is still no pain, no itching, no irritation, and no different sensation, but it seems that what originally appeared as bruising or bleeding under my skin has made its way to the surface.

I can only conclude that when I worked out, I somehow caused my blood vessels to rupture. This is truly a strange moment.




No comments: