Monday, August 20, 2012

Watching and waiting

Earlier this summer, the nurse midwife who cares for my lady parts decided it was time for me to stop taking the wonderful birth control pills that resulted in only four periods per year. She switched me to Lo-LoEstrin, which is apparently as low as you can go. There was no question of going off of the Pill completely because Jackie was afraid my mood would be adversely affected.

I'm not happy about going back to having periods every month. That in and of itself is enough to make my mood tank. I've never been one of those women who gets bitchy when her period comes. Instead, I just get sad. The problem is, there have been times when I couldn't snap out of it--as if there were no counter-acting hormones to lift me back into a normal part of the mood spectrum.

Hormones, moods, me. All so unpleasant.

Later this week I'll find out what life is really like on a new hormone mix. I've been sweating less, but that was least of my problems. Mostly I'm afraid of the debilitating pelvic pain that I had when I got monthly periods. Time will tell how much of a mess I"m going to be.

No comments: