Monday, July 13, 2009

Cymbalta marketers back-pedal

The ads look the same and they sound almost the same--the music, anyway. However, it appears that the folks in the in-house ad department got a clue. well, half a clue.

There is no mention of hurting, physically or emotionally. Instead of the "who does depression hurt" line of questioning, it now goes something like this:
You know how depression makes you feel, but what do they see? What do they feel?

There's still a sad Weimaraner as well as a dejected kid, but the accusatory insinuations have lightened up a bit. I have a feeling the change had less to do with sensitivity toward the afflicted and more to do with market research.

3 comments:

Sophie in the Moonlight said...

YaaaaaaaaYYYYYYYYYYYY, May made a difference!!!!

(I've no doubt in my mind that your post figured in their marketing research somehow. Pat on the back for you today.)

May Voirrey said...

heeheeheehee...You crack me up.

May Voirrey said...

And thanks for patting my back and not my freshly coiffed hair!