Sunday, May 2, 2010

Go ahead, check it out

Some time ago, I discussed the "Faces Pain Scale" in my blog. I'm too lazy to go and find it and provide a link. Basically, it's meant to answer the questions, "Rate your pain on scale of one to ten, wit ten being the worst pain ever. Like childbirth." Having never given birth, that escapes my pain of reference. When I came across the faces scale, I thought it was marvelous. there are two versions: One is for kids, the other for adults who can't speak. The row of faces express unhappiness from none to crying. It's a wonderful visual depiction of feeling like crap.

Of course, it has its limitations. One of them is that the first faces are smiling. I thought I was the only one who found this odd. Why would you go to the doctor if you had no complaints about your discomfort?

There is a blogger who has rewritten the faces scale and she has done it with accuracy and hilarity. Please take the time to read it. It's one of the funniest things I've read in a long, long time.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/02/boyfriend-doesnt-have-ebola-probably.html

No comments: