Monday, May 24, 2010

Oh, that feeling again

Anxiety. Not a big favorite. It triggers all of the slime I call "lack of self-confidence" that begins oozing in every direction.

I can't say why, but for some reason, I feel as if my job is in trouble. That's unfortunate, because I only have one year to go until I'm essentially out of debt. That doesn't include the mortgage, of course.

Just one more year. That's it. After that I can lose my job, jump off a cliff, and go out knowing I've fulfilled my obligations. I don't want to leave Frank with any of my financial problems.

It would help if I could get a better idea of what's driving the anxiety. It would help if I could talk about it. Alas, I don't have friends; I have associates. There's a big difference in what you can tell the latter.

Jolie is a friend, but she's working through her own issues right now. I wish I could help her. I wish she could help me. It's possible we're both far too complex to be helped by any external influence.

No comments: