Friday, May 7, 2010

icing on the cake

When I told the cardiologist that I was working to eliminate lithium, lamictal, and EMSAM from my life, he asked why. I said that I don't think I need it and that the original issue was transient. Then I reminded him that I had gained 50 pounds from taking lithium.

The doctor told me that the lithium weight is going to be a bitch to lose, though. "Yeah, I know," I said, "but if I'm off of lithium, at least I have a chance of losing weight. There is no hope at all of that happening while I'm still on it."

My new weightloss goals are clear:

  • 104 pounds


  • A BMI of 19

  • A body fat percentage of 18

I'm not sure how, but I will get there before 2010 is over. If my life is going to be mind over matter, I'm addressing what matters to me.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

104? you want to be Kate Moss? I checked a healthy weight chart. Even a small-framed woman of 5'2" shouldn't weight less than 108 and can go as high as 121. Medium-framed is 118-132. If you last weighed 104 when you were a teenager, count that out.