Sunday, May 10, 2009

A matter of perspective

A truth that accompanies "nature abhors a vacuum" would be Border collies abhor the vacuum cleaner. More in keeping with the laws of nature, the basement was spacious when we bought the house. Lately, it has felt claustrophobic and small because of all the stuff that has found its way down there.

Since December, I have been trying to single-handedly go through boxes, bags, and shelves of stuff in an attempt to organize the basement. It is a slow process.

The basement is huge.


Photo from "Jeff's Messy Basement," which I think is from his Website detailing the visual facts of his domestic life. A Google image search of "messy basement" and "packed basement" yielded an incredibly rich array of photo options. There are a lot of messy basements out there and a lot of people writing about theirs online.

1 comment:

Sophie in the Moonlight said...

Well, aren't you glad that's not YOUR basement!

My garage is the thing that gets out of control and pushes my car out into the driveway. I'd happily keep the car in the driveway if it meant I could have a dog. Instead I have one very old incredible pooping cat.

::::sigh:::: the grass is always greener, huh?