Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The irony is almost too much

I almost never carry cash. My ability to keep track of my spending is almost nonexistent. This type of information rolls around in my head before dispersing like loose change hitting the sidewalk. Checks are not especially user-friendly when shopping, so I have come to depend on my VISA debit card.

My checkbook has self-carbon-copying checks which makes tracking my use of them quite easy. The debit card has no such built-in safeguard. Still, I check my account online frequently, and that keeps me from being a remedial banking customer. Usually.

Yesterday, I logged onto my account only to see a financial disaster of tremendous proportions stemming from a $1.61 overdraft that somehow resulted in $200 in fees. I'm not always adept at managing my finances, but I'm no moron, either. The credit union had some explaining to do. In the midst of a very tedious and strained conversation with two people at the bank, I saw a charge from a gun company showing on my account summary. A gun company? The bank lady said there were actually four attempted transactions from my card in the past two hours, but since I was overdrawn, they had been declined.

Someone stole my VISA debit information thinking they were going on a shopping spree, when, in fact, INSTANT KARMA! They stole the information for an account with absolutely no money in it! How fabulously ironic.

I need to find out who would have done such a thing and if I do, I'm gonna kick his ass.

Life feels burdensome lately.

1 comment:

Sophie in the Moonlight said...

ROTFLOL!!!

I think about that, too. "Go ahead, TRY to steal my card info; there's nothing in there, moron!"

But FOUR tries! that's a moron.

Thanks for the giggle and I'm glad it all turned out just fine.