Friday, May 8, 2009

The weirdest week

The moon is so beautiful, especially in a dry climate. The sky is clear, the full moon is huge and bright. And that's the problem.

During the week of the full moon, my mood is weird. That's not the problem. The problem is the light. The moon is so damn bright here, sometimes night looks like a different version of day.

I just can't sleep when the moon s mostly intact. I can't. Not with meds, not with a sleep mask and curtains.

At least it goes away fairly quickly.

3 comments:

Sophie in the Moonlight said...

I shall endeavor to never post a comment during your weird weeks lest my name blinds you further. (=

May Voirrey said...

I thought later that I hoped you wouldn't take my moon issue personally. It's OK. Your beloved moon winds me up, but if you have any inside influence, please, could you ask for a dimmer switch at my house?

There is an old lullabye that ends with a line that I think of every time this situation comes up: Lord, blow the moon out, please.

Sophie in the Moonlight said...

Oh, Dear May, of course I didn't take it personally. To the contrary, I got a giggle out of it.

You know that I think my dear departed Dad is the Man on the Moon (I've posted on that b4), I'll have a talk with him and see what he can do.

xoxo