Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Say what?

I am starting to once again speak first and generally not give it any thought later. I am beginning to lose my diligent monitoring. My brain is not filtering before thoughts become words that leave my mouth.

This is not a good sign, no, no, no.

This particular behavior means that I am about to have a swing across the mood spectrum that looks like Tarzan traveling on a vine.

The thing is, I really feel too exhausted to put the effort required into stopping it before it escalates. On the plus side, I'm much funnier and honest when the tact filter is removed. At least, until I become just plain sharp-tongued and bitchy. It's a fine line, really.

If I could just resist the compulsion to speak at all.

2 comments:

Ethereal Highway said...

Jeez, May. Sometimes I swear you sound just like me. (Except I usually think social filters are overrated, which might explain why so many find me so exceedingly charming and utterly irresistable. Not. :-) I think it's that I finally don't care. Yup. That must be it.)

Christina said...

A fine line, so well said! I can very much relate to that. I can rarely ever resist the compulsion to say what is on my mind...I love it when people ask "How've you bee?" Boy do they get an earful...Filters schmilters.