Friday, April 17, 2009

Slushy--it's not just at the convenience store

In the past month, I've seen fire and I've seen rain. I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end. I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend, but I never thought I'd see winter again.

Fire and rain. A couple of weeks ago on a snowy day, we also had thunder and lightning. Go figure. In the midst of today's white-out snow, a plane got hit by lightning on landing approach.

The weather has been mostly mild and lovely and spring-like. At the moment, it's snowing slush. It's snowing globs of snow, jumbo-cotton-ball wads of snow. If you walk on it, it makes a splork! noise. A walk across the yard to the driveway leaves you cold and sniffly and dripping wet. The roads are covered in snow with slick, frozen slush underneath so it's slippery in the most surprising places.

The view out the living room window sucks. Being on the outside of that window really, really sucks.

Enough already. Bring on spring and warm days and light breezes and sunny skies and bright green grass and the first flowers popping through the garden soil. Ahhhh!