Friday, October 19, 2007

Cranky as hell

I am cranky. I am bitchy. I am overworked and underslept and I need some time off and it isn't going to happen, but fuck, working seven days a week is not what the doctor ordered.

To acknowledge this fantabulous mood, I must voice some of the things that crank up my crankiness at times like this. Before I do though, I must say I am intrigued that someone in Australia stopped by to read the nonsense that is so abundant in my head: the virtual brainucopia.

Things that make me clinically irritable:
  • Bad drivers who have obviously never read the handbook;
  • Litter;
  • Poor grammar;
  • Reality television;
  • All Audi drivers so far;
  • NPR fundraising;
  • People who believe cutting back to just chicken means you're a vegetarian;
  • People who don't follow instructions;
  • Religious zealots;
  • Items on the store shelf that are unpriced;
  • White guys who talk like they're from the 'Hood;
  • People who hover behind me when I'm on the phone;
  • Microsoft's tendency to believe its products can and should think for me;
  • Telemarketers;
  • Telephone customer service;
  • Poorly designed Web interfaces (such as my bank's online system);
  • Lithium;
  • Hand tremors;
  • Insomnia;
  • 31 years of acne;
  • Morning;
  • Condescension;
  • Arrogance;
  • Klutziness;
  • Rain;
  • Wind;
  • Rain and wind together;
  • Misplaced stuff;
  • Gas pain;
  • Racing thoughts;
  • My own paranoia;
  • Organized religion;
  • Aggressive drivers;
  • People who don't pick up their dog's poop;
  • Hiccups;
  • Too many commercials;
  • Poorly marked addresses;
  • Allergies;
  • Awesome shoes sold out in my size;
  • Cigarette smoke.
There's more, but I'm not cranky enough to generate more of a list.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

This is another list for which we share many items. Even more than people who don't pick up their dog's poop, I really hate it when people leave their dogs outside to bark and bark for hours after they leave for work. This is especially irritating for me because I have insomnia, too. When those people leave for work early, I am still trying to fall asleep and it makes it harder with all that racket.

See you at the other place. It's quite bizarre, but I think I solved the mystery of the haunted house.