Sunday, March 2, 2008

Did you miss me?

May is back, and she is exhausted.

Believe it or not, I have been sleeping, but I've been so damned busy I can't get caught up in the world of rest or personal stuff. Laundry. I do not own an infinite amount of clothing, so this is getting problematic.

My brain is starting to misfire. I saw the psychiatrist in October, but didn't start thinking about my next appointment until February. It occurred to me that I probably had an appointment coming up, and March seemed to ring a bell. I called and left a message explaining that it was a new year, new datebook, new purse, and March was just around the corner.

I got a call back. Apparently, my appointment was a month ago, on January 29. Oh. Or should I say, Doh!

I am not a person who forgets appointments. Appointments are a huge part of my day-to-day life. Forgetting is not an option.

A whole slew of recent studies have shown that 30 minutes a day of aerobic exercise keeps the brain sharp and may fend off age-related dementia. Furthermore, there is a measurable preservation of memory function, especially for those over 40.

Have I ever mentioned that I loathe exercise? Oh, I have? More than once? I forgot.

I got back on the Pilates Reformer on Monday. My body was in terrible pain through Thursday, so I haven't gone back. Why does staying healthy have to be so hard? Not to mention unpleasant?

May encourages you to exercise your body to preserve your brain, but please don't expect me to do the same. At least, not willingly.

No comments: